Saturday, June 26, 2010

TUNISIAN VISUAL GRIOT, MOUFIDA FEDHILA!



My World
@Moufida Fedhila


I won't even attempt to put Moufida in a category, she's unique. I was viewing her visual work, some of her poetry, photography , video installations and I still don't know how to define her...
She's" gangsta,a flower lyricist and a visual griot of our world".... that's how I see her.

In her most memorable piece to this day
"My world" she explores the notion of frontiere,how we human beings put walls (architectural walls, map frontieres, our need for privacy ect..) that separate us from each other.

Moufida did a photographic piece about Sub Saharian refugees and how they are separated from the rest of the world by a gigantic wall.Au centre
Apart from her photography and video installations work, Moufida is an avid poet, an, actress, a dancer, and a screenplay writer..bref we're not done hearing abt this sista.
http://moufida.fedhila.over-blog.com/
You can view part of her work, HERE

Djaaa my Tunisian sistas sont dedans:)
Eyeee Wayee:)

No comments: