Sunday, April 11, 2010

ZAMBIAN DANISH MUSIC ARTIST, KAREN MUKUPA!


Pretty in white
Cornbraids style
Pretty, spunky , fun , strong , courageous, eclectic are some of the words that come to my mind when I think of Karen Mukupa.
Karen lived in Tanzania until the age 15 before moving to Denmak her father's land where she currently resides. She's always known that she would become a musician one day, well she's doing it and doing it well.

She was part of a reggae duo with her late friend Natashja (danish/sudanese sista) who passed away in 2007 through a car accident in Jamaica. Her death shaked Danish people who loved the duo . I just found out that she was the singer of this very popular club song, Calabria that I'm sure some of you must know (I'll put in the playlist ).

Karen is keeping their legacy alive by pursuing a solo career. Her new album is called "Dreamer", I listened to a few tracks and I loved it, there are some strong reggae influences, afro cuban, pop, hip hop, R & B..I would def' recomend it:)

Here's her webbie:
www.karenmukupa.com

Djaa my Zambian sistas sont trop dedans:)
Eyeee Wayee:)

1 comment:

Divalocity said...

Thanks for the info, I'll have to feature her on my blog. I'm always looking for women who wear their hair natural and her hair is fabulous.