Sunday, July 05, 2009

ERITREAN SONGSTRESS MAGDA SINIT AND HER BAND!



Cute and Passsionate

As usual before I profile an artist on the blog , I always listen to their music and get a personal feel of their work and of their personality.
I like Magda , she has a cute and bubly personality, I can tell that she really wants to be heard and deliver a positive message.
She was a contestant on a British show called "Mobile Unsigned Act" even though she didn't win she delivered strong performance .
While she's been compared to Eryka Badu by some she reminds me of Chrisette Michelle, it seems like she can go on and go on and hold those high notes.
The self confessed mama's girl is making Eritrea proud , while visiting her homeland she was interviewed on Eritv and for Helm Magazine.
She is fluent in her mother's tongue Tigrinya and hope to get really involved with her community in the near future..I think she's doing that already:)
Her first album is called "Free to Fly"..def' check her out:)

Here's a vid :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGdEdKk829Q&NR=1
Her webbie:
www.myspace.com/magdasinit

Djaa my Eritrean sistas sont dedans:)
Eyeee Wayee:)

No comments: