Sunday, March 15, 2009

THE AMAZING WORK OF KAJAHL!


Beautiful work hein
Tribal and Fabulous

This is my fav'love the dress
Nicee
I loooove his work, ever since I saw it, I never forgot his amazing pieces..

This is his mission in his own words:
"My paintings explore the relationship between African and African American culture investigating racial, social, and psychological identity. I explore the matrimony of tribal African and African American culture in order to find out what it really means to be African American. My art confronts this notion surrounding the cultural gap, and why it has forced us to perform a balancing act of not being too African and at the same time being African enough. I create larger than life figures that force the viewer to ask, is the character depicted in the painting African or African American?"

Here's his webbie:
www.myspace.com/kajahl

Amazing Wayeee:)

No comments: