Monday, September 08, 2008

CHECK OUT THE BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK DONE BY SENEGALESE PAINTER MR MAMADOU AKA LO DAME!


Gorgeous and so detailed !

Paying respect to Samory Almamy!

Gorgeous drawing, love the colors the contrast of the shapes !



The Senegalese Woman and her elegance, yep!
Ahhh isn't this just gorgeous , he captured the intensity of the features of this beautiful person
He called this piece Egalite=Equality
For whatever this reminds me of Kadafi!

Woman mm love the subtle detail of the ring on this drawing!



So I'm in love with Mr Mamadou's work, ohhh the first picture with that beautiful woman's mouth, his portrait of Samory ...what I found interesting going through his work is the variety of paintings he has, acrylic work describing the typical "jongoma" Senegalese women in her lazy grace if I may, you have traditional artwork drawings, autoportraits, drawings of Indian faces, abstract interpretations, political satires...bref an arc en ciel of work..I am really impressed!

Unfortunately on his personal webbie, he hasn't given much info on his career ect...I'm a little disapointed but maybe this is the case of artwork speaking for the artist ..all I can say is that I love it, he makes me want to start collecting artwork mmm?!!

Here's his webbie:
www.baaydaam.com

Djaa my Senegalese people are doin their thang as well:)
Eyee Wayee:)

No comments: