Tuesday, August 05, 2008

NAMIBIAN KWAITO YOUNG KING, MR GAZZA!








"It's my life , it's my my life" eee, eee, eee ...aight my Namibian people I see how you get down, I've been to SA parties and I see how they get down in kwaito so I can only imagine that my peeps of Namibia do it the same ....anywhoo if I can trust Mr Gazza's musical soup I'm def' coming over for dinner!

Speaking of cutie Gazzie, he has 3 albums under his belt, is def' a fav' of Namibian music lovers, has been named Best Artist of Namibia in 06, among so many other acolades he's received along the way.. He's from a pretty huge family of 8 children and raised by a single mummy, so brotha does understand hard work, patiente, and life challenges. He fell in the music magic soup as a young'un through choir and as they say the rest is historia..

Lazarus, (his first name) knows a thing about giving back , being that Namibia has mad love for the brotha, the governement asked him to become
Goodwill Youth Ambassador of Education thus encouraging Namibian young'uns to attend school and to know education is important and has no price...

Gazza has been visiting numerous schools under this program , showing these young people that it's possible to be sucessful and that we all have to it in our own ways but truthfully a great education is priceless....lovesss it!!!

I know Im supposed to talk abt the music of this brotha but I love the fact that he's so pro-his country he's also working under the TEAM NAMIBIA project that encourages the consumption of Namibian products thus encouraging a more autonomaus economy...vraiment impressed...
go Gazza!!!

Here's his official webbie:
http://www.gazza.com.na
Here's the video for the very popular video "Mokaise"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--yLlfU8l8A&feature=related
Here's his concert for the new year 08: (a little taste of Namibia)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbQK2G9p2Jc

Djaa my people from the 467 zone are more fiyaa:)

Eyeee Wayeeee:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh finally a namibian. i was introduced to this site yesterdayby a friend. love it but was dissappointed cause i couldnt find a namibian on featured.

Gazza is a multi talented namibian recording artist.

thanks again for featuring the land of the brave.

Anonymous said...

Huh finally a namibian. i was introduced to this site yesterdayby a friend. love it but was dissappointed cause i couldnt find a namibian on featured.

Gazza is a multi talented namibian recording artist.

thanks again for featuring the land of the brave.