Tuesday, November 06, 2007

SCOTISH EGYPTIAN ACTOR KHALID ABDALLI IN THE UPCOMING KITE RUNNER!!



Khalid in the Kite Runner


Soon 2 be Oscar Nominated...mark my words



Scene in the movie





Khalil Abdalla





United 93



Mark my words there's so much buzz around "The Kite Runner" that there will def' be some Oscar nominations...


If you haven't read the book, please do I'll not spoil it for you..but it's def a great testimonial to humanity, friendship, courage and doin' the right thang...


Anywhoo coming back to Khalid , he grew up in Glasgow...an yes he's another serious actor...as i write abt these African actors I'm amazed at how seriously they study their craft.


He went to Kings College and during his studies he's appeared in different stage productions where he received acollades for his role in Bebdound..


Bref some of you may have seen him in United 93..the movie abt Sept'11th..I haven't seen it yet...I can't yet.but I will..must be so devastating to watch...anywhoo he played 1 of the hijackers...even though it's acting...that's 1 great responsibility and risk for our 27 year old young man..I mean waouh!! Anywhoo he explains that he had 2 humanize the character he was portraying 1 bit..he was a bit conflicted abt the role but doesn't regret his decision.....

I am def' gonna see the Kite Runner once it comes out.


Here's the trailer:




I'm def' a fan of this young Arab brotha, go Khalid w/ur bad self:)
Eyee Wayeee:)

1 comment:

Hijabee said...

Hey girl. I've noticed that you blog about foreign movies a lot.I also love foreign movies.But where do you get the movies from? I tried getting one of the movies from Morocco that you recommended few weeks ago on netflix but they didn't have it. Where is a good place to shop/rent foreign movies? Thanks