Friday, November 09, 2007

DABY TOURE -1 MAURITANIAN/SENEGALESE BEAUTIFUL SOUL REFLECTED IN A BEAUTIFUL VOICE


I wanted 2 listen a bit 2 him before talking about him...& I wasn't disappointed..bien au contraire it left me wanting 2 hear more...the song that did it for me was Kebaluso.


I was left w/the impression of a strong soft,"propre", travaille sound
of a muscian and melody man..I wasn't totally wrong in my perception when reading about him ,it was said that closed himself in his hizzy (they didn't specify for how long exactly)but it just confirmed the impression I had of someone who dived in w/great passion in his work....
His family story is so beautiful, his grandfather's family originated from Mali in a family of 4 brothers who at some point scattered themselves throughout Africa. His grandfather moved 2 Mauritania, and married a beautiful Moorish, Toucouleur woman's thus the beautiful caramel complexion of Dabi.. All throughout his happy youth Dabi lived in rural areas where he farmed, was in contact w/nature and 1 simpler way of living....
Another cool thang is that his father was family w/members of Toure Kunda literally.

Because of his career he moved to France and brought along Daby who was 18 at the time..who fell in love w/music despite his daddy's reticence.




In his music he talks about relationship, encourages people 2 stay upbeat despite life difficulties...great message bro..

The webbie:

A little video clip:

DJAA LES FRERES MAURITANIENS SONT MORE FIYAA:)
EYEE WAYEE:)

No comments: