Tuesday, October 16, 2007

HOW TO AVOID & FIGHT/IDENTITY THEFT FOR THE FABULAFRICANA WOMAN!





" VOLEUR JE TE TIENS , TU ME TIENS PAR LA BARBICHETTE"



Trust, it can happen to anyone...it happened to me when I was in college by an African girl that I knew personally...I only found out 1 year after...At the time I didn't check my credit, didn't have upcoming weird bills etc. so I didn't track thing...When I figured it out , I was 200% devastated, I felt betrayed, further stabbed, of course I got the police involved in the situation ect..it was already complicated being 1 International student...bref just 2 say, watch your back, don't be ignorant ...check your financial status.



HOW DO THE THIEVES OPERATE.......

1-Nowadays w/technology, people can try to steal your identity online Have you ever by example received an email from a Bank , asking you to verify your info ...SCAM
2-U'll be surprised but people can also take over your identity through bills, by taking over the accounts and changing addresses etc...


NOW WHEN SHOULD YOUR ALARM GO OFF
1-If you receive call from collecting agencies for $$ that you know u don't owe
2-If you are being denied credit quite frequently ;this could be sign that something could be up w/your credit.
3-transactions on your accounts that you can't explain--brotha , sista something is up


BAD BOY, BAD BOY WHAT U GONNA DO WHEN THEY COME FOR U
WAYS TO FIND OUT

1-Very important get a get a credit report frequently ,actually you can get a free annual credit report call 877-322-8228 , or go to www.annualcreditreport.com


2-You should also request from your bank, that whenever 1 transaction is made in your name , the person should provide ID..also of course frequently check your credit...




This is the wonderful webbie where I got most of the info from:




DJAA WE AFRICAN PEEPS NEED TO PROTECT OUR IDENTITIES:)
EYEE WAYEE:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good one Yaye. F.