Tuesday, September 04, 2007

LIVING, SINGING, DRESSING OUR LIVES LIKE IT'S GOLDEN!














"Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden


Living my life like it's golden, golden "



Gold Theme-So much come to mind;the first person would have 2 be Salif Keita who is officially called "the Golden Voice of Africa". There's no real need to introduce him, but for some of you who may not be too familiar w/him know that's he's from Mali and he's a direct descendant of Soundiata Keita (I have to devote an entire post to this warrior) . Being that Soundiata Keita is royalty,



Salif was not allowed to sing following cast traditions. He was born of noble blood thus couldn't aspire to be a praise singer. Salif was also born an albinos, and in the malian former traditions, it was not a good sign.















"Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden,golden"


However he didn't let that stop him from following his passion. In the 60's he evolved within 2 bands "Les Ambassadeurs" & "Rail Band"-it was at the time when Africa was incorporating through its music electrical guitars..a modern sound..which worked great/w Salif's voice which goes from strong like the roar of a lion and soft like a bird....












"Living my life like it's golden

Living my life like it's golden

Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden

Living my life like it's golden, golden "









Toward the end of the 70's he starts of his everlasting solo career, he has 15 albums under his belt, too many hits to count btw "Mbiffe", "Tomorrow"
"Nous Pas Bouger", "Mandjou" this 1 makes people cry a whole lot, my older sister first , anyways she's in love w/his voice.




I've got the chance 2 see him in concert, and his voice is beautiful and powerful , watching him sing it's like he'1 w/his music..It's kinda like a call to prayer, feel me?:)




Anyways this last album "M'bemba "is very symbolic to him because it's the first time after a long career that he comes back to record in his country...





"Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden, golden "


Gold Theme - Any fabulafricana woman can tell you that her wardrobe is not complete without at least 1 pair of golden pumps, golden shirt, golden jewelry, golden make-up...So there it is I added to this post a few funky items wich you can find available on line on various sites which I'm adding to this post




"Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden
Living my life like it's golden



Living my life like it's golden, golden "





GOLD THEME-Yep just like Jill from Philly said we need to treat our lives like it's golden.
We all know that life is tough and unpredictible but regardless it's a gift that some people may not have so ......viva ....




LIVING LA VIDAD GOLDEN:)


Here's Salik Keita 's official webbie:


Steve Madden's site:


Banana's Republic :
Nine West's site:
www.ninewest.com

Oh here's Nous Pas Bouger (remix)
Djaa we gotta live la vidad golden:)
Eyee Wayee:)

No comments: